DIY Coffee Scrub! Did it Work?

by - 9:35 pm


There is a coffee machine at home, after making coffee the leftovers are thrown out. I decided to experiment and use them as a scrub. So firstly I collected the leftover coffee grounds and placed them in a jar then placed them in the fridge to prevent molds. When I was ready I crushed up five leftovers in a bowl, jumped in the shower and started exfoliating. I began this procedure by rinsing myself with warm water to open my pores, this way my skin would be ready for exfoliation. After a few seconds, I rubbed the crushed coffee grounds all over myself (face excluded) in circular motions. I played some music to time myself and kept myself busy. After 10 minutes I rinsed and showered like normal.


D I D  I T  W O R K  ?


Like magic! After four minutes I felt my skin feeling softer. When I washed off. My skin felt like I pured honey all over myself. I felt soft and silky and definitely moisturized. When I got out the shower I was SHOOOKED(shocked) because my results were:

  1. My underarms are lighter and smooth 
  2. The callus under my feet feels smooth like I just got a pedicure
  3. My skin feels like satin
  4. The keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) on my skin is gone
  5. My back acne is gone
  6. My skin looks radiant
  7. I chafe and my inner thighs are soft 
  8. My knees and elbows are smooth
  9. I am a new person
After drying I moisterised with 100% African Shea Butter from the tip of my neck to the soles of my feet.


B E N E F I T S  O F   T H E  C O F F E E  S C R U B


  1. Reduces Inflammation in the skin which will tame acne
  2. Increases Blood Flow
  3. Prevents Cellulite 
  4. Minimizes Dark Circles
  5. Antioxidant (protects the skin, Vitamin C and E present)
  6. Reduces Wrinkles and Aging
  7. Brightens Skin
  8. Removes Dead Skin
If you don't have coffee grounds I recommend using a regular coffee mix that you can get at the store. I will also be using this scrub once a week.



"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a Bitch. You've got to kickass" 
- Maya Angelou




"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."   

- Corinthians 13: 4-7




"Be willing to walk alone. Many who started with you won't finish with you." 

- Unknown



You May Also Like

0 comments