My Roots in Jamaica

by - 9:15 pm



                                                                                                                                            29 Jan 2017

                                                                                        1:44 pm





"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." 
   Marcus Gravey


It humbles me to be a Jamaican. It humbles me to live in the garrison. It humbles me to experience a time of riches and a time of poverty. It humbles me to see the world in all its glory. It humbles me to see all the things around me very clearly.


When I'm home. I'm able to be alone. I'm able to evolve alone. I'm able to feel expectancy in my future. I'm able to believe and I'm able to experience God through my own eyes.

I see the mental chaotic effect of post colonialism happening around me. I see a people suffering gravely. I see a people without a sense of self because they have forgotten their home. Their culture. Their history. Their roots and how they got here. Acculturated through the media: a nation is being destroyed. We are the Kings and Queens of many nations. We are the sons and daughters of our fore fathers. We are the slave's children. The African children. The black children. The royals. We wore gold upon our heads and yet we did not need gold or emeralds or any gems to be kings and queens. We had ourselves. We had our roots. We have been taken from home but hell bound we ought to be if we neglect our roots.

When I'm in Jamaica, I have everything I need. I have the fruits of the tree in my backyard. I have the beauty of the garden in my front yard. I have the sunshines and the trees. I have the sunsets hovering the Caribbean sea. I have the sunrise hovering the mountains and its trees. I have the rivers, the springs and the sea. I have beauty all around me. Its in everything we touch. Its in everything we destroy when we try to "build up" Jamaica. In the next 70 years I want to be in Jamaica with all the rivers, sunshines and trees. This is my home. My solace. 
When I visit the USA or travel Big Ben I want to be able to come back a jamdung and relax. mi wan able fi pick the apple off the tree and smoke a spliff while relaxing by the sea.



A gallery of all my favourite sceneries in Jamaica: 



                          A Day at The Market 

Sweet "Bell" Peppers


Pineapples being weighed on a scale. String beans. Sweet potatoes

Green bananas,breadfruits and green oranges on banana leaf
                               A Day at the Beach






                                                   Canopy Of Trees @ college





               Sunsets hovering the Caribbean Sea: Jamaican Sunset







 




                               The Montego River meeting the Caribbean Sea






                                 To be real is tru. The greatest sin is FEAR

                                 Martha Brae River







The Sunset behind the mountains




                         Mr. Coconut Man



This man sells fresh coconuts for a living and he is always humble and in a suit


 These are the fridges he keeps his coconuts in. He transport them on a "hand cart" 

                      New Years Eve 'Sixteen




People are allowed to sell in the streets of Montego Bay




You May Also Like

1 comments