8 Reasons for Goals Setting
A major factor to being successful is to set goals and to work on them everyday. In order to fulfill your dreams it is best to set goals and to ensure you write everything down that you would like to accomplish whether it be something small or big. If it is something that is hugely significant to your life, then you should write it down. With a goal there is always an aim and something to work for and look forward to.
- Write your goals down. This way you can remember them and you can revisit them and look at the changes you have made with your previous and current goals. Get a journal where you can write down all you goals, instead of using a piece of paper that is easy to lose.
- Be precise about your goals. Your goals should be specific down to the colour and the size, that way there is an image in your head of what it is that you want.
- Separate your goals. Separate your goals into personal, financial, family, etc and then you want to separate your goals into long term (which could be 7 years from now) and short term (which is tomorrow and next week)
- Read your goals everyday. In self help books like, Think and Grow Rich, it is advised that you should read your goals to yourself every morning and every night. This way you are always thinking about them. I do not do this as much as I would like but it is a habit I am trying to get into.
- Work on your goals. Everyday. It is important to research about your goals and find different ways in which they can be executed properly. Personally I do not work on my goals everyday, because I feel demotivated and fearful at times but I always change my mindset to be positive about what I want.
- Put no limits to your goals. Whatever it is you want to accomplish you can do it, just work hard and believe that you can do it. Whenever I feel like giving up on my goals, I always try to remember why I started.
- Have a good WHY. This 'why' are the reasons why you want to accomplish your goals, so whenever you want to give up you can always say to your self "...this is why I started, so I am going to continue." This why is also a reason to try again after failure.
- Create a plan. Make sure there is a plan in place to accomplish your goals
"Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible."
Tony Robbins
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
Jim Rohn
"The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals."
Melody Beattie
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
Zig Ziglar
"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
Confucius
"Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success."
Pablo Picasso
"What keeps me going is goals."
Muhammad Ali
"Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them."
Les Brown
"Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them."
Stephen Covey

0 comments