Did I Forgive Everyone?
The thing about Forgiveness as to why it is so important is because unforgiveness is a sickness to the spiritual being as cancer is to the physical body. Where there is room for unforgiveness there is also room for bitterness, hatred and anger and there will be no room for peace, love, laughter and happiness. I was weighed with unforgiveness numerous times because I chose to not forgive the people who did me wrong because it was their fault and they should apologise then I would forgive them. However, I learnt that forgiveness is always for me and my inner peace. I want to be able to laugh at the fact that someone betrayed me and I forgave them. It was a lesson and a blessing in disguise because I learnt:
- What I want in a relationship
- What I do not need in a relationship
- What it takes to forgive
- How long it took me to forgive that person
- My strengths
- My weaknesses
- Myself
On one occasion I had hated a person for apparently spreading a rumour about me. I hated the person with all my guts and every time I saw them that hatred sprung up. I spoke with someone about it and she told me "he who angers you, controls you" and that was when it dawned on me that I had to forgive.
STEP 1
I forgave myself first. I forgave myself for everything: guilt, bitterness, jealously, anger, immense hatred, self hatred and sabotage, overeating, wasting time, doing something I knew was wrong but did it anyway and not listening to my inner voice.Then with each person who I was about to forgive I forgave myself FIRST for what I did wrong to them, maybe for cursing them out once in my lifetime or for the fact that I allowed someone to continuously hurt me emotionally.
STEP 2
I forgave them. I just gave out a whole list of what I forgave them for. After I forgave myself it was easier to forgive everyone else. I do know it is easier to forgive someone who is miles away and I wont see them nor will their obnoxious annoying antics get to me.. now ask yourself as how I am asking myself is anyone who is "obnoxious and annoying" forgiven? Now I am going to take this another step further. I am going to write it all down.
STEP 3
Get your journals folks. It is writing time. It is cleansing time. It is releasing time. It is time to write a spell that will break us free. In the bible it says life and death is in the tongue and apparently if you write it down, you write a spell for yourself. ha! the wonders of the spiritual world.STEP 4
Now the best thing about forgiving someone is that I don't need to be their friend and play hypocrite. It means that I can forgive them for the cleansing of my spiritual being and move on with my life. It is OK to cut them out of my life. It is OK to talk to that person for closure. It all depends on what works best for myself and that person.STEP 5
What I have noticed in the past year is that forgiving someone takes time and it requires me to forgive myself and the person on numerous occasions because whenever I saw them or a thought of them came up I would be angry again. I would have to forgive them in my heart all over again. I failed numerous times and sometimes I felt like I won the battle of forgiveness.
You are the people of God; he loved you and chose you for his own. So then, you must clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Be tolerant with one another and forgive one another whenever any of you has a complaint against someone else. You must forgive one another just as the Lord has forgiven you. — Colossians 3:12-13
In Matthew, Jesus says that church members should forgive each other “seventy times seven times” (18:22), a number that symbolizes boundlessness
"They caused the first wound, but you are causing the rest; this is what not forgiving does. They got it started, but you keep it going. Forgive and let it go, or it will eat you alive. You think they made you feel this way, but when you won't forgive, you are the one inflicting the pain on yourself." — Bryant McGill
"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." — Theologian Lewis

0 comments