Make Yourself A Priority
Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed and somewhat depressed. I was feeling sad about many things and it was like a kaleidoscope of reasons why I was unhappy with myself and my surroundings. So naturally because of this I was not inspired to write a blog post about anything. Time passed and I felt overwhelmed and exhausted for different reasons everyday.
Now, I am not sure how I feel but if I am able to write a post I know I am in a better mood. And so with deep thoughts and tears I came up with a solution for my problems. Also I believe my help came from watching Tony Robbins and Jim Rohn videos on Youtube.
Their solution to my problems was C H A N G E.
I had to make myself a priority and so I came up with routines that made me feel better!
1. I look in the mirror everyday and I tell myself I love myself and I appreciate me, even if no one else does.
At first this was very hard to do. It was very hard for me to look into the mirror and look into my own eyes and say,
"Dominique, I love you. I adore you. You are smart. You are beautiful. You mean something."
It was very hard for me to say these things to myself especially when I had found myself in a dark place where my self esteem had shrunken.
2. I make a list of everything I need and want to do. Everything.
My mom had introduced me to this from in the summer and Tony Robbins emphasized on it. It keeps my brain in order. I think I have a very short attention span.. I'm easily distracted. For example, I was studying Economics before I felt inspired to write this post and now my text book is tossed to the side.
3.I think of positive things to do so that I may feel better.
Currently I will be adding a few things to my room just to give it some personality and so that I may feel comfortable in my own space.
The next thing I plan on doing is going to the gym. I'm tired of not having the toned body I want + exercising is good for my health and it helps to release stress hormones (adrenaline and cortisol) and stimulates the production of endorphin, which will help to elevate my mood! Y A S
4. I try my best to focus in school.
I want good-excellent grades this year and it can only happen if I put in the work and so I've given school my time and needed effort as how i'm supposed to.
5. I express how I feel to others.
I try to talk to my mom about everything that bothers me or I write it out in my journal. I try not to keep things bubbled in. I try not to overthink things. I try my best to do what my mom told me to do;
"Be in control of the situation and not let the situation control you."
I'm making a change in my life to feel in control and to make myself a priority. If I don't do it for myself, who will?
By doing these five steps, I've felt better with alot of things and I hope by sharing this you may find a way to do this too.
THE NEXT BIG THING IS ALOT OF LITTLE THINGS!
0 comments