#DomTakesLondon2016 Travel Diary
For the first time in my life I am travelling to London and I had the most life changing experience. I'm from Jamaica and so the culture, architecture and different ethnic groups inspired me and changed my way of thinking for the rest of my life.
Everything in London, to me, was like a scene from a movie. The train rides. Travelling in LondonVictoria. Buckingham Palace. Hampton Court Palace. Trafalgar Square. Piccadilly Circus(where I was proposed to by a stranger).Oxford Circus. Soho, where for the first time I was invited to the club with my mom by 3 lost strangers. China Town .Camden. Soho and the busy Clapham Junction Station.
The biggest thrill of it all was Camden. I went there when it was dark and not very chilly but the atmosphere was. I felt chills and adrenaline in my back. Honestly... literally everyone, I mean EVERYONE, wears black and has at least a dozen tattoos. OK. Not a dozen tattoos but a few and most of the women had a sharp fringe bang that I hate and love at the same time. People there, to me were extremely friendly, some homeless, some drunk, some gossiping away and some on their phones. It was the only place I visited where I kinda felt...overwhelmed and I enjoyed every moment of it. Oh how I loved Soho... There is a gay club directly beside a lesbian club and it was a Saturday night so you know it was packed. I plan on going to both clubs on my next trip to London. Most of all, I loved the Thai food from the Thai restaurant in Soho ( I ate with chopsticks for the first time) BUT it's still not better than Kaosarn Thai food!!! In St. Paul's Cathedral pictures were not allowed and I understood why. This Cathedral is a place to enjoy God's presence... not to be disrupt by taking pictures. It is a place to just take everything in. Everything. And it was beautiful.The ceilings were covered in pictures made from glass. Just like an other regular Roman Catholic Church butt his one was huge, prettier and a classic.
An amazing thing I witnessed was how busy people were at the train station. Clapham Junction Station. You were either rushing to catch the train or rushing to leave the station.. flustered most of the time. It almost started to feel like oblivion. A big maze. Confusion. When I took the time out to observe my surroundings everything s l o w e d down. People were rushing pass me to get to their destination and when my reality hit that time was going I once again became apart of the maze... Trying my best to not miss my train.
Sorrento In
Only the best Thai Food
stole a quick selfie at dinner because I could
Nice legs, jeanette.


Franco Manca
Clapam Common Station
Hampton Court Palace!
Everything in London, to me, was like a scene from a movie. The train rides. Travelling in LondonVictoria. Buckingham Palace. Hampton Court Palace. Trafalgar Square. Piccadilly Circus(where I was proposed to by a stranger).Oxford Circus. Soho, where for the first time I was invited to the club with my mom by 3 lost strangers. China Town .Camden. Soho and the busy Clapham Junction Station.
The biggest thrill of it all was Camden. I went there when it was dark and not very chilly but the atmosphere was. I felt chills and adrenaline in my back. Honestly... literally everyone, I mean EVERYONE, wears black and has at least a dozen tattoos. OK. Not a dozen tattoos but a few and most of the women had a sharp fringe bang that I hate and love at the same time. People there, to me were extremely friendly, some homeless, some drunk, some gossiping away and some on their phones. It was the only place I visited where I kinda felt...overwhelmed and I enjoyed every moment of it. Oh how I loved Soho... There is a gay club directly beside a lesbian club and it was a Saturday night so you know it was packed. I plan on going to both clubs on my next trip to London. Most of all, I loved the Thai food from the Thai restaurant in Soho ( I ate with chopsticks for the first time) BUT it's still not better than Kaosarn Thai food!!! In St. Paul's Cathedral pictures were not allowed and I understood why. This Cathedral is a place to enjoy God's presence... not to be disrupt by taking pictures. It is a place to just take everything in. Everything. And it was beautiful.The ceilings were covered in pictures made from glass. Just like an other regular Roman Catholic Church butt his one was huge, prettier and a classic.
An amazing thing I witnessed was how busy people were at the train station. Clapham Junction Station. You were either rushing to catch the train or rushing to leave the station.. flustered most of the time. It almost started to feel like oblivion. A big maze. Confusion. When I took the time out to observe my surroundings everything s l o w e d down. People were rushing pass me to get to their destination and when my reality hit that time was going I once again became apart of the maze... Trying my best to not miss my train.
Another thing I observed was the cultural diversity amongst everyone. Everyone was different in colour, belief, and ethnicity. Whether is was Arab women fully clothed and wrapped in hijab, goths in Camden, teen thugs in Croydon, Jamaicans in Norbury, blondes and brunettes on NorthCote Road. Everyone was different. I begun noting the diversity amongst everyone when I sat on the train in front of a couple (I'm assuming) she is white with golden locks, warm green eyes, deep dimples and dressed in a yellow flared knee cut dress with red flowers and a brown pair of sandals. He is however, Indian with an eyebrow piercing, fringe bang haircut and dressed like a hippie. They looked like Donna and Fez from That 70's Show.They were so busy talking they didn't notice me watching.
Oh by the way most of the restaurants I've been to don't sell juices or sodas. You can only get beers,wines, shots, tequila, etc. but no orange juice.
It took me two weeks to fully break into the new environment. To understand my home and the people in it and to also understand travelling about yourself in London. I remember forgetting to tap out at the train station and lost 9 pounds off my Oyster.
GANG.GANG.GANG.GANG.GANG.
Tashel, Mei Mei, Michelle and Soria. Amazing people, whom I could be myself around. I didn't feel uneasy around them not once! They were so fun to be around and so kind to share some of their time with me.
Jean and Peppe were amazing to me. Honestly, sometimes annoying but still good all the same. They showed me love, respect and kindness. They taught me a lot of things with their words and actions.
Oh by the way most of the restaurants I've been to don't sell juices or sodas. You can only get beers,wines, shots, tequila, etc. but no orange juice.
It took me two weeks to fully break into the new environment. To understand my home and the people in it and to also understand travelling about yourself in London. I remember forgetting to tap out at the train station and lost 9 pounds off my Oyster.
GANG.GANG.GANG.GANG.GANG.
Tashel, Mei Mei, Michelle and Soria. Amazing people, whom I could be myself around. I didn't feel uneasy around them not once! They were so fun to be around and so kind to share some of their time with me.
Jean and Peppe were amazing to me. Honestly, sometimes annoying but still good all the same. They showed me love, respect and kindness. They taught me a lot of things with their words and actions.
To finally sum it up. London was beautiful. The casual chic dressing was classic. The food was mouth watering. Thanks Peppe! Everything was beautiful. The experience was great. The people were great. And the Thai food was da BOMB! Thank you London. It was great while it lasted! See you very soon again.
I felt a change.
| Camden Lock |
| Selfie in my mum's garden. The lighting was good and the background is fire! |
| Sorrento In |
| Thanks auntie for the lovely scarf.I Felt very powerful doing this. No hair. No makeup and still No insecurity. Great. |
| First time trying Italian ice-cream |
Only the best Thai Food
| Everyone ask if she's my sister. No that's my mum. |
| Across the street from Saint Paul's Cathedral |
| this picture deserves a magazine cover... Not far from Buckingham Palace. 5 minutes away |
| using my selfie stick as a Screptre and iPhone as the Orb. No big deal. |
| Quick story about the terrible time I had at Buckingham Palace. My phone fell from my selfie stick and broke and I lost all my snaps. Even the little sneak of St. Paul's Cathedral that I got. |
| Big Ben |
| oh yes... we tried it mother.daughter.grandmother |
| London Eye |
| Telephones in London Victoria |
| Trafalgar Square |
| I picked these flowers in a place I found to be a blessed place and so I took a picture of them pointing towards my blessings. |
| at St. Pauls' Cathedral |
Nice legs, jeanette.
Babel
Franco Manca
Clapam Common Station
Burberry + Underground
Thai Food in Soho
Piccadilly Circus
Topshop, Oxford Circus
Sorrento In
Carnival 2016
Went for breakfast with my mom
Oxford Circus
Saw this inside H&M
Erykah Badu inspired
Hampton Court Palace!
Wally and Sally
baked fish and chips by Wally
0 comments